Atmospheric Training 2019 > Home
The European Space Agency (ESA), the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT), and the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS) are organising a first joint training course on Atmospheric Composition with a focus on air quality. The training course will be held at the Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania between 4 - 8 November 2019.
- to present the state of the art in air quality monitoring, the societal impact and related needs;
- to enhance the capacity on data access and analysis of existing and new satellite data products and monitoring services;
- to foster specific participants driven projects.
The training course is designed for early career scientists and service providers in the area of atmospheric pollution data analysis from member states of the EU and the hosting agencies including associated countries. Applications from all other countries are also welcome, while acceptance is subject to space availability.
The 5-day training training will provide lectures and tutorials on using latest and comprehensive global datasets on atmospheric composition. Participants will develop small-scale science projects to apply these datasets in their area of research interests.
The official language of the training course is English.
- 22/07/2019 : Application submission interface accessible at https://www.conftool.net/atmostraining2019/index.php?page=login
- Deadline for Application 09/09/2019